I pause before Ace's mansion staring up the winding driveway. It's in complete disrepair. Ace was such a total hoot. We had some seriously fun times here in Paradise. You can read about them scattered across these blogs, or not. Maybe you can even figure out what happened to him, Tracer never could.
I move on.
I glance up at Princess's castle. There's a party going on. Pets moving about, laughter. The beat goes on. I think about heading up there but maybe not right now, I have to get up early tomorrow. I've been hitting the gym for the last thirty-four consecutive days. Getting up at the crack of dawn, unwilling to break the streak. Afraid to break the streak. I'm not up late much anymore. I have new addictions to feed.
I move on.
I wander down a path past Jem's house. I don't see jem nearly as much as I use to, nearly as much as I want to but every now and then we cross paths and shoot the breeze for a few. It's nice, I hope it continues to happen. What jem's been up to is jem's to tell. She seems happy though.
I move on.
I wave to MsTara. She waves back from the shadows of her porch, sunlight bothers her. I watch her light a sincerely monster joint. She offers it to me across the distance, inviting me to chat.
Tempting, but it's been about four or five months since I've smoked anything. Every time I see her I promise to write in this blog and I don't; I end up disappointing both of us. She deserves better. I signal 'maybe later.'
I move on.
The snow crunches under my feet. I practice air riffs while I walk along. I'm relearning guitar, it's both a pain and a joy, like exercise. You should have seen this place in its heyday! Things change and people do too. My thoughts skip across my mind like a stone on water, refusing to settle on any particular one.
I look at the crater where lucky's house stood. It and lucky warped out awhile back with a bang, filled with joking and sadness. He may be back but I don't think so, then again what do I know? I play back the hologram he left behind smiling. Lucky was/is funny. I catch echoes of him from time to time, a distant, static filled, "Howdy." Maybe our paths will cross on some future date. One can hope.
I move on.
I enter the graveyard and begin my prayers to these broken stones. Friday never really quite got over Tracer skying out but I hear she's formed her own PI business and can actually buy some real perfume. She's off the crutches too. Good for her. Tracer never found ace, never figured out what happened. Eventually it tore a hole in him, he fled to Bangkok figuring ace must have gone there, after all that's what Tracer would have done. Lucy was waiting.
I stare down at these broken, forgotten stones. Smiling ruefully I mutter, "Dumb ass" focusing on one I say a silent prayer to times gone by...
Tracer Bullet Billy
I move on
I move on

**I wander down a path past Jem's house. I don't see jem nearly as much as I use to, What jem's been up to is jem's to tell. She seems happy though.**
ReplyDeleteWell its great to see a blogpost from you! Maybe its what I need to get my ass to writing a little something in mine too.
I'm glad you're not so stiff and sore from all that working out that it would keep you from typing, but it's probably good that you're working off all that hibernation weight.
I won't go into saying hi to everybody you mentioned in your comment, but I'll do that from my own blog.
Things have sure changed in Paradise, but then I guess they do for everybody eventually. You don't see me over at the old house much anymore because I hardly ever go there these days. I keep paying the rent on it, but the place just doesn't have the same "feel" to it since I plastered over all the bullet holes in the walls.
I keep telling myself that I should go drop in at one of Princess' parties, but since the party invitations stopped coming in all those months ago, that just wouldn't be right. I did stroll past the castle one night during one of those all-nighter parties, but I saw somebody I didn't know sitting in my old comfy chair in front of the window, so I just kept walking. I hope Princess is doing OK, it looks like she is.
Friday keeps dropping by at my van down by the river and bugging me to unlock the padlock on my blog so she can write something. It's probably just gonna be an advertisement for her new PI business, but might as well let her blow the dust off the blog pages.
Well, I have to go now and toss a few more logs into the fire I have going in the barrel out front. It seems like keeping the fire high keeps Corruptrix at a safe distance.
Say hi to everybody who might ask about me, I'm hoping I can make time to be around a little more, and maybe we can all get together for a party in the chatroom some night soon!
Great post, and good to hear from you!
Later!
little bitchass
A post from our darling deluded bear!! This hippie doesn't smoke the wacky tobaccy, silly ol' bear, I sip the white lightning! And as for me avoiding the sun... I just happen to be out of sunscreen. That's all. You don't disappoint me, Billybear. You delight and amuse me as a perverted elf/mad scientist bear and this bit of writing tugs my heartstrings with its melancholy feel, but you never disappoint me. When I see that sad little bearface, I just want to cuddle you on my lap! And, then maybe, spank that butt Baboon Billy Red!!. What can I say, I'm whimsical? But I'm always glad to see a new post from BillyBear, I was just rereading some of the archives this week and missing you and Jem and the antics:)
ReplyDeleteAce wonders what happened to himself, too. Work changed, life changed, the one thing that didn't change was the love he has for his friends. It's heartbreaking to not say hi at least once in a while. And ace doesn't like goodbyes, it gives him something to hope for.
ReplyDeleteI don't know how you do it, but you just break my heart with some of these posts. I'm sorry I haven't been the consistent friend I wanted to be, but this whole world and the memories we've all made will never be far from my thoughts.
-Posted from the basement of Ace Mansion, where I'm currently buried in the memories.
I keep coming back here, although I know the mad scientist has gone wandering, although I know the tabloid journalist has gone on an extending mutant giant women story, although I know the prophet no longer has visions.
ReplyDeleteI keep returning, I can read the ancient tablets by daylight, and dream over old memories by moonlight, and the sound of even one person's laughter makes the place less lonely and forlorn. The living spirit of this place is still filled with friends and laughter and jokes and perverted fun.
And before I go, I seek out the sealed chamber where once a transmogrifer spun new life out of old, I touch the door and leave a small offering of marshmallows and tea and salmon.
And before I go, I seek out the sealed chamber where once a transmogrifer spun new life out of old, I touch the door and leave a small offering of marshmallows and tea and salmon.Prettiest comment anyone's ever written about me. I drop by from time to time and I may have a different type of tale in mind. I miss you Lady, I'll be in touch though you might not recognize me - I'm thirty pounds lighter than I once was.
ReplyDeleteHugs........Zapppppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteHey there BB! I was in the neighborhood today because Friday needed a lift over to the Paradise Sears store to pick up some study materials for her PI course. The poor girl still has a hard time driving her car because it has a clutch, and her knee doesn't bend as well as it used to.
ReplyDeleteI took a drive by the Lab, but it looked like it has been locked up tight for quite a while. It took me a while to hack through thew weeds to get to the lock, but the lock was kinda rusty, so I wasn't able to pick it.
So I swung past your house and when you didn't answer the bell, I tried kicking on the door, but if you were home, you must not've heard me. I can't imagine you not hearing anything though, with the size of those ears and all...
Hope you're doing OK, but I can't quite picture that big fat head on a stringbean body. I'll be coming over this way pretty regularly for the next few months until Friday's physical therapy starts working. I'll bring some beer next time, so you better answer the door.
See you next time! oh! And BTW, I hope you enjoyed the flaming paper bag that I left in front of your door! I didn't hang around to watch, but I giggled all the way home just thinking about it!
bitchass