Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Enslaved

The harsh crack of the whip shatters the quiet of a thousand keystrokes clicking.

BILLYBEAR WHERE IS THAT THING??!!

Stoically standing before one of his many insect overlords BillyBear ignores the fresh welt rising across his back, one of many. He quietly stares into the rabid but dead eyes of his current master, "Which thing lord?"

"THE THING - THE THING!!!!!"

"Today's thing or yesterday's thing?"

"WORK SMARTER NOT HARDER YOU FOOL! ADAPT AND EMBRACE 'AGILITY'!!!"

"Of course. I'm also endeavoring to think outside the box and do more with less, lord."

BillyBear watches one overlord storm off while another approaches.

"WHERE'S THAT STUFF?!"

It's endless. They've painted a large bullseye on him so he can be more easily 'noticed.' He's responsible for 'the thing' and 'the stuff' that goes with it and they wanted it yesterday but are willing to wait until no later until September. The biggest problem is that they don't know what they want. He's sat in one meeting after another while they pounce from one idea to the next like kittens on speed.

He's been enslaved and all the little pleasures like writing in this blog have become fond memories. He wants to write about the BSG half season finale, he wants to resume operations at the Assassin but 'the thing' stands in his way. His car is no longer his and now he must bike to work, he's tired and misses causing trouble. Misses his pals. He grabs a pen and dashes off a quick note destined for the ether. He tosses it out the window when no one is looking. A robin carries it off, oddly lightening his load.

Jem, I'm sorry, this is the best I can do at the moment. I will try and write more often but thanks for the kick in the pants. MsTara even if I had oodles of time I would not gloat you silly vampire! Friends recommend and I was hoping you would enjoy BSG - it's quite a character driven show. Ace, just get better. But when you do, best come 'round for a bit. Lucky I had a panic attack and just had to check to make sure your blog was still there! Banky regale us with some deviant thing, pantysue post something wierd. Princess, I hope you're hanging in there! You're in my prayers along with another couple of souls I just wanted to say thank you for the MP3 that you did special for wittle ol' me. I listen to it when I can - it calms me lmao go figure.

BillyBear

1 comment:

  1. *standing before one of his many insect overlords*

    When are you finally gonna realize that me and my brother insects are your superiors in every way?

    Puny humans...

    Zorak

    ReplyDelete