Thursday, September 18, 2008
Hallelujah
Goth Girl stares in disbelief, "So, I too want to cut my wrists."
BillyBear turns his doll eyes towards her, "It just goes to show you what can be done with a song. I first heard him play this in some dinky bar in Ohio. Blew me away. This version is close though it lacks the intimacy of being there, ya know? I got hooked with his Paris 1919 album, loved the title song."
"I'm so glad jem weathered the storm. I was never really that much concerned like I've said before, she's a tough little fucker. Plus she owes me money. My mind has been drifting more to Ace of late, I'm not sure why."
Goth Girl lights a cig and sips her coffee studying BillyBear, "Is this why the sudden interest in dirge music?"
"You have no idea how much I want a cig at the moment."
"Yeah, I do."
"Nah, I've always liked Cale, I personally thought he was the backbone of The Velvet Underground but that's neither here nor there. I've pretty much given up hope on ace's return. He was so funny!"
"He still is."
"How do you know? He might be incredibly unfunny and is hiding in shame because of his unfunniness. All we have is that comment but that was funny."
"So, Cale?"
"I suppose you'd rather me grab some bongos and start hammering out Yeats?"
"Nooooo."
BillyBear's eyes drift away, "There was a moment in time where we hit our stride the four of us. When we had more time to devote to it all, now we're pretty fragmented."
"Like the Beatles?"
"Yeah, cept we're all still alive."
"I always thought lucky was Ringo."
"Me too."
"So..."
"So I've been sitting here thinking of ace and that moment in time when we were a force to be reckoned with and uh smiling at it all. I'm grateful I got to experience that."
"Hallelujah"
"Yeah, hallelujah..."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

hallelujah
ReplyDelete