Thursday, September 04, 2008

For the Turnstiles

So, how was it?

Your summer. How did it go? Was it a good one? Did you have fun? Do anything new?

Yeah ... summer. It's over. It should role back around again though, it has in the past.

All the bush league batters
Are left to die
On the diamond.
In the stands
The home crowd scatters
For the turnstiles,
For the turnstiles,

For the turnstiles.
(Neil Young)

3 comments:

  1. It was a long hot summer, but it's flown by in two week increments, just like the rest of the year. Summer used to last forever, so long that we forgot about school and winter. Winter never seemed as long to me, even though we got lots of snow in CT when I was growing up. And I've been making plans for fall and winter already, so the last of summer is speeding away unnoticed. Hope you are doing well, oh Mighty Quincy of Blogs, and that that our Jemmie isn't halfway to Hawaii via Ike!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are doing well, oh Mighty Quincy of Blogs,

    I'm getting by MsTara thanks for asking! I hate the end of summer even one as busy as this one has been.

    and that that our Jemmie isn't halfway to Hawaii via Ike!!

    Well it would be just jem's luck to get halfway to Hawaii huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I brought back a souvenir pineapple for each of you that I snatched out of the air as the wind was whipping them past me at 10000 ft!

    ReplyDelete