I like to write, just the act of it can bring me mountains of pleasure. My blog reflects this.
My August is shot. I mention this so that those of you who care, who read my musings understand that billybear is going to ground.
I will attempt to keep some presence in this space, sorta like ace and I hope to come back in early to mid September though I doubt I can keep my fingers off the keyboard that long.
Every weekend is booked. Work is handing my ass to me. Now I've just received 'the call.'
'The call' hurts, what is dragging me down is that I'm in the age bracket where not so much my peers are being taken down except for the occasional lucky shot but my parent's group is just being decimated. It's fucking Zulu Dawn over there and all I can do is watch and wait, not my turn to join the front lines ... yet. My father comes from a farming family, a large family, a close family. My Aunt lays on her death bed, her large heart finally failing. I watch my parents closely now, pay more attention to our time together. Soon I will get the next call, pallbearer time again, the ten hour drive to place my aunt in the cold, cold ground next to my Uncle in a family graveyard on a once was farm. Fewer will attend then the last God damned wake.
I'm sorry. These ramblings are not for what MsTara accurately calls the Willow World. This forever happy place.
I just wanted to let you know that I'm not pulling a banky here, I don't plan on just evaporating, not yet anyway but in all honesty I am flaky and fucked up with grief. Like her husband she is and all too soon 'was' a great lady. We are close.
I'll drop comments when I can, attend TeaseTime when I can and not bring anyone down with my woes. But my blog, well it's taking a bullet right now. Time for bed.
Thought you should know ...
Sunday, August 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I read this post yesterday and was shocked and I really did not know what to say. I still don't but wanted you to know that you weren't being ignored.
ReplyDelete"I like to write, just the act of it can bring me mountains of pleasure. My blog reflects this."
And I like to read it.
I know that real world sucks sometimes. That is one of the reasons that I need this cyber world. I know that you like to write and I hope that you will continue if nothing more to escape real world for a bit, almost therapeutic.
It also doubly sucks that real world so interferes with Princess time. This does not mean, however, that you can't still blog. You often write about things not directly associated with calls. Your friends can still interact in this way. The whole quest that we did was one of my favorite set of posts yet none of it centered on a Princess call.
I hope that real world gets better soon and I hope that you don't have to shut our little part of cyberspace down.
I hope that real world gets better soon and I hope that you don't have to shut our little part of cyberspace down.
ReplyDeleteThank you lucky!
For the record I have no intention of shutting down completely but I feel so utterly swamped at the moment. Waiting for the next death, being on deck was sorta the final straw. Couple that with the fact that I KNOW I won't have a shot at a Princess call probably, maybe until the 7th of Sept unless there is some act of God doesn't help.
A Princess call is therapeutic for me :-)
This post was more an indicator that I am so buffeted at the moment that my frequency (which is one of the higher ones about these parts) will be much lower for a bit.
I have yet to be hit with the fuck it all spear and if one should strike me I would still give notice. I really like you guys.
::billy puts head in paws::
but at the moment, RealWorld side I'm more than a little overwhelmed, so I might just comment when I can, make myself available in IM when I can and try and ride this storm out. Thing is, other than the mounting deaths, it's all on me.
I think The Wastelands was an absolutely amazing, organic thing that ALL four of us pulled off. I may have 'instigated' it (as jem would say) but I SURE AS SHIT didn't do it alone! It took all of us to make that brand of magic happen.
I hope we can do it again. SOON!
Thanks for the note! It does help :-)
"I have yet to be hit with the fuck it all spear and if one should strike me I would still give notice. "
ReplyDeleteSo I take it that you are Zulu in this equation and not British?
So I take it that you are Zulu in this equation and not British?
ReplyDeleteEh? If I get hit by a spear how am I Zulu unless it's friendly fire?
Well I took (wrongly)
ReplyDeleteSee, already my writing skills atrophy
::savagely shoves mittens into a USB port::
Jeezus Billy, life sure sounds brutal right now. Sorry you gotta deal with all that. From what very little I can glean from your virtual presence you seem like a strong one ultimately and it's beautiful that you can show up for your people. I'll pray for ya..
ReplyDelete