Monday, April 07, 2008

BSG: He That Believeth In Me

You can get a far better plot summary etc on the Battlestar Wiki.

Some random thoughts.
  • This was a building episode, they're laying the groundwork for all that's to come.
  • I am SO GLAD Baltar shaved!
    • Charles Manson had a cult of hot horny chicks too!
    • I hope they tone down some of the Jesus imagery mainly because I find it heavy handed although I'm curious on where they're going with it.
  • Kara is not going to ice Roslin. I shrugged over that one.
  • This is going to be a 'dark arc' I think. Although this episode had humor in it too mostly around Baltar - the praying Jesus - the 'feeling the Lord.'
  • I'm not sure what's up with the Cylons. This is at least the second time they've had the fleet and inexplicably broke off. I hope the writers can explain it. I mean what was their game plan here? "Hey let's attack the humans with overwhelming force, destroy as many of their ships as possible UNTIL Anders flies out and we can give him a case of pink eye!" Stunned silence from the Cylon brainiacs followed by awed applause on that plan!
  • OK there are five (the fab five) unknown Cylon models (we the loyal viewers know four of them) but no one in the BSG universe does including the Cylons running the show. Who put them there, in the heart of a Battlestar that was in the process of being retired? Anyway, it seems like a chicken/egg thing.
  • I think I saw the Lucy Lawless (number 3 - D'Anna Biers) model nope - I was wrong - it's a number six model called Natalie - in the teaser for next week talking about no longer lobotomizing the raiders and some pissed off Centurions next to her while she threatened the Dean Stockwell (Cavil) model. Hmmm I love that they have their own problems and their own politics.
  • Next week's episode Six of One. Princess should like this one - it appears to be a Six episode.
  • I missed this series and I'm so glad it's back!

No comments:

Post a Comment