Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Pass the Salt was The Wastelands - Revisited

Ever walk into a room where it's a little TOO quiet? I'm beginning to think that's what's going on here. What's going on? The only one saying anything at all that I find interesting at the moment is MsTara. Lucky, jem's, ace's and Princess's blogs have apparently shut down entirely.

I was going to post my deep deep thoughts on the last BSG but what's the point?

I was going to throw this Wastelands thing up as a separate post but I guess I don't want to now.

Did I miss a memo? A fight? This thing has a really weird vibe to it where the dinner conversation consists of "Pass the salt" and "Thank you" while everyone glares at each other over the squash. Does a boil need to be lanced? I don't know but I'll never run out of metaphors or mixing them.

Maybe I'm a dinosaur? And everyone is using wikis and CommunityKink now and the blog is passe and obsolete like fifty year old care bears.

Well I'll continue my self-assumed role as the crazy grandpa Southern families keep locked upstairs muttering to himself - for as long as I can.

::shrug:: If something needs to be said would someone PLEASE say it? LMAO I'd much rather go out with a bang instead of a whimper! Wouldn't you???

Be Well
BillyBear

The Wastelands

About a year ago a bunch of us banded together and rushed off into the desert to have visions - not sure WHO'S idea that was but it seemed like a good idea a the time so uncock that eyebrow. There were four of us, originally five but one couldn't make it and like Stuart Sutcliffe dropped out of that gig but had the good taste of not dying of a brain hemorrhage afterwards.

As always when you're stumbling around the desert, something weird happened. We all began riffing off of each other's posts and something of a tale emerged. I doubt it will ever be duplicated because it was so organic but a lot of people seemed to enjoy it.

Then lucky pet got flaky and blew his blog away and one-fourth of the story was gone. I was getting cranky IMs from folk saying, "I wish lucky hadn't done that." Well lucky did. This is pure conjecture on my part but you know how cross-dressers periodically 'purge' all their stuff in an effort to well, I don't know, update their wardrobes? I think lucky does the same type of thing for whatever reasons motivate him. He's done it twice now and is starting to have its own rhythm. I always get concerned that this might be 'the big one' and he'll be gone gone. I hope that never happens he writes a great blog :-) But like ace says on his blog, "Lucky Bastard - See it while you can!!!"

I was in an IM with Princess awhile back and somehow mentioned this loss to her and she said, "It's probably in google reader." OK, she actually said, "It's probably in goooogle reader." but she drawls in IM - betcha didn't know THAT! She checked and confirmed, so I peeped out mine and yep it was there. In a separate IM I mentioned this to lucky and he gave me permission to put it in my blog. Which I did with hopefully the right comments in the right places appended to each post.

So I present to you and in particular - jem, lucky, and bankyboo, digitally remastered, The Wastelands. Enjoy! :-)

5 comments:

  1. YAY!! The whole of the Wastelands, presented for my ownpersonal amusement and pleasure, and I only had to nag at cranky old grampa Billybear for a year or so. And hell, I have no idea what Google Reader is, I had no hope of restoring the missing parts, I just liked picking on the fuzzball.

    Blog on, Faithful Bearling. We shall ensnare the Bug in our web of enticing lies and truths and compliments and she too shall Blog Again!!

    Hugs,
    Miss Tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Lucky, jem's, ace's and Princess's blogs have apparently shut down entirely."

    I prefer hiatus.

    I too miss the rolling epics.

    I do have a post in my head that needs soon to be committed to the page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer hiatus.

    Do you know how much paperwork is involved in getting your blog officially declared 'on hiatus'?! Believe ME I know and it's a LOT!

    Touche - btw :-)

    I just liked picking on the fuzzball.

    You mean it was a TRICK? ::presses soldering iron to mittens paw in frustration:: I should have KNOWN!

    We shall ensnare the Bug in our web of enticing lies and truths and compliments and she too shall Blog Again

    Who's this 'we' we speak of? It just occurred to me that if I kept my FAT MOUTH SHUT I could have become the spokesman for all pets everywhere! Their sole voice of reason! DAMMIT - They need me now more than ever, now that Obama has fucked the whole thing up with bitterness.

    ::punts mittens::

    GothGirl get me a probability matrix of jem ever posting again! Also do the numbers of me winning the democratic convention this late in the game. I may have to make a run here. Son of a bitch I hate not smoking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there BB and everybody....

    As for why I haven't written in my blog lately, I'll answer that question in my own blog, so it will be an official blog entry and you can stop bitching about it...

    It was great to read the Wastelands again! Thanks for putting that together for us. A lot of the stuff in there is just as fresh today as it was when we all wrote it!

    little bitchass

    ReplyDelete
  5. so it will be an official blog entry and you can stop bitching about it...

    Like that will shut me up!

    Hey are you voting for me?

    ReplyDelete