The images dance and swirl. Corruptrix standing in a pentagram. Poor GothGirl. V quietly watching from the shadows. And mostly the demon, the smirking demon. Wolver's close to vomiting. He looses himself in another scream.
A cold voice comes from the darkness, "Hurts, don't it?"
Corruptrix, that cunt.

He's beginning to reason again. Fiona Apple skips through his head at an oblique angle ...
Heaven help me for the way I am.
Save me from these evil deeds.
Before I get them done.
I know tomorrow brings the consequence at hand.
But I keep livin this day like
The next will never come.
Save me from these evil deeds.
Before I get them done.
I know tomorrow brings the consequence at hand.
But I keep livin this day like
The next will never come.
Another wave of pain ... another scream. Something was wrong ... something was definitely wrong. It's on him now, he's in the full grip of it.
He'd followed Corruptrix's instructions to the letter, dressed in his finest goth outfit (with majestic cape I'll have you know!) he approached the entrance to the abandoned subway tunnel promptly at 11:30. A voice called from the shadows, "Where's your little pal?"
"I don't know. She was upset with me the last time I saw her."
A match flares and wolverBilly can see Corruptrix lighting a bone white candle. She's in a black mini with matching hose and heels. Billy's eyes drift to the anklet she's wearing laced with charms. Frankly she looks hot, then he shudders figuring this is not an ordinary charm bracelet.
Corruptrix bares her teeth in what passes in some cultures as a smile, others' insolence, cocks her head and says, "Follow me."
Wolver follows the flickering light into darkness.
About twenty yards behind him V cautiously peeks around a bush. She sees Wolver heading into the tunnel. Ever since she caught him whacking off she's kept her distance from that sick phreak. She's not sure how she feels about him, she's not sure how she feels about anything! Her mom said it's because she hasn't had enough 'life experience.' Her mom's an asshole but if anyone other than V thought that aloud she'd claw their eyes out. Anyway she planned on loading up on a little life experience tonight! She's quite curious to see what was going to happen next.
Wolver is hurrying to catch up with Corruptrix. He doesn't know how V could have lived down here, alone in the darkness. That's some girl! he thinks to himself. Corruptrix makes a right into a hole carved in the tunnel, right behind her Wolver follows.
V is almost as creeped out as she was when she saw Wolver shoot a wad of cum all over her undies. It's so dark she can't see her hand in front of her face. Suddenly the faint flicker of the candle is gone! V places her hand on the right wall and inches forward.
Wolver has the sense that area he's been lead into is huge. Corruptrix mutters, "Wait here," and heads further into the chamber where she lights a candle on a desk. There's a large open book on the table, she runs her finger down a page muttering, "I'm pretty sure this is it. Stoopid Latin!"
He can hear faint sobbing coming from off to his right. Corruptrix is lighting various candles around the chamber. It's way too huge to fully light but WolverBilly can see a young girl in a cage, tears running down her face. She's nude, well sort of. She has lace gloves on and a cowboy hat. Wolver's never 'gotten' fashion.
"GothGirl?"
"DearBillyPleaseGodHelpMeShePlansToUseMeAsATemporary..."
"Shut your yap!" screams Corruptix, "Or I'll sew BOTH pairs of your lips shut!" GothGirl sits back in the cage, tears running down her face.
Wolver is startled by the sheer vitriol, the blackness of her hatred, "Uh, look, this might not be..."
Corruptrix plucks a tuft of hair from him and lays it before a unlit candle at the point of a pentagram. She then lights the three candles in a counter clockwise manner before placing both her feet at a crossing of the pentagram. She smiles that weird smile of hers and spats, "Oh it is over for you BillyBear!"
Raising her arms in exultation Corruptrix says, "Rhombus!" A shimmery half-bubble of energy encases her, running the circumference of the summoning circle.
Smiling with satisfaction she calls out, "Nikpmalomor, I summon thee in personam."
From the shadows of where she's crouching V watches in fascination as wisps of red smoke slowly congeal into the shape of a man wearing an Armani suit. As this was occurring Corruptrix laughs and says to Wolver, "Immobolis... ium? um Nomovus..oty? SHIT, immobilizeway imhay!"
Wolver is moving across the floor intent on freeing GothGirl when he hears a cultured Irish brogue, "Pig Latin my dear? Really! Allow me." He makes a weird gesture with his hands, whispers something in Latin and suddenly WolverBilly can't move a muscle.
The demon studies Wolver with his goat eyes, the eyeballs entirely black, the horizontal pupils blood red. Then he turns to Corruptrix, a pair of sunglasses appearing in his hand, as he dons them he says in a bright voice, "Edith Wednesday Brookside, why am I here? Have you summoned me to repay your debt?"
Involuntarily Corruptrix touches a circular mark at the base of her neck. It is a 'demon mark' a small circle of raised skin with a slash through it. She's managed to hide it from her Aunt Ava but she knows her aunt would be appalled (if not a little frightened) to learn Corruptrix had been playing with such fires. "Don't fuck with the demons!" she'd bore on and on. Corruptrix knows what she's doing, her skills though unpolished are formidable - she can handle this. This mark she got when she requested help with a spell to make BillyBear's head a bullet magnet was a small price to pay to off that little fucker. Too bad she butchered the Latin invocation making lucky's wrist the magnet. Latin is bullshit!
She addresses the demon in a tone just shy of contempt, "Kill him! Kill him while he dies in terror!" She'll never forgive BillyBear for grounding her.
The demon smiles, "You know that's not possible. The cost is too high. Neca eos omnes, deus suos agnoscet. You have no idea how often I get that one."
"I offer my soul!" says Corruptrix impulsively, not believing she has one.
Nikpmalomor sighs, "Look this creature is packed full of healing factor-x and has an adamantium skeleton to boot. He simply can't be killed. Not in his current state."
"Can that be changed?"
The demon smiles, "That might be arranged but it will cost."
"What?"
"Two demon marks and I'm not taking the imbalance."
Corruptrix laughs, she knows what happens if she gets that third mark, she's read that much of the boring Latin text. The demon will own her and drag her off to eons of servitude as his familiar, "No. One demon mark and she takes the imbalance." Corruptrix nods towards GothGirl.
"If she can't handle the imbalance and dies then you are forfeit."
Corruptrix pauses, almost thinking and then nods, "Fine."
"Then we have a bargain," the demon sweeps low in a bow.
The candles in the pentagram begin going out in a clockwise manner as the spell forms, finally stopping at the twelve o'clock position. Corruptrix smirks and picks up the tuft of hair and says, "We need a focal point on who to cast the spell on," before dropping it on the candle. It briefly flares before going out.
Nikpmalomor makes a weird hand motion, mutters something in Latin of which Wolver could only catch 'locus deperditus' and a bright blue ball of energy forms in his palm. He examines it closely before gently blowing on it.
Unable to move, Wolver watches the ball drift slowly towards him before gently impacting his chest and spreading through his body, slowly sinking in like a root in soil. He feels the immobilization spell lift as one spell is replaced by another. Suddenly the pain is all over him. Falling to the cold floor he starts to scream. GothGirl goes pale and whispers, "Oh God..." before vomiting all over the floor as she begins to take the imbalance.
Corruptrix can't stop laughing. This was better than she could have hoped! She manages to choke it off and in a cold voice taunts the little blue fuck on the floor, "Hurts, don't it?" as he screams again.
She's about to have more fun when she notices the demon pull down his shades and stare questioningly over them with those freaky eyes of his.
"What?!" She snarls.
"Edith Wednesday Brookside, you must complete the spell. It's only partially formed. Say the appropriate phrases."
"Well if it isn't Rest in Pieces BillyBear I don't know what the fuck you're talking about! You say 'em! I ain't got time for that bullshit!"
"I cannot, it's clear in the spell book. You must speak the words." A leather tome forms in Nikpmalomor's hand. He seems distracted, peering off into the shadows muttering, "Things are not as they seem..."
V is frozen. Things are getting way out of hand. Wovler screaming in agony, that poor girl in the cage vomiting between sobs. She's come to the realization that this isn't a parlor game. She sees the demon swing its head her way and inadvertently she locks eyes with it.
She has no defenses. In moments all her secrets, her ugly little secrets are laid bare. Still the demon probes, leave no neuron unturned as they say she hears in her head. She wants to scream, to run, but she can't. This rape must be endured. Tears roll down her face.
Awwww smile sweetie, you know you like it. You've yearned to be understood!
The puppet V smiles. She starts to hear some tune being idly sung in her head.
Getting to know you,
Getting to know all about you.
Getting to like you,
Getting to hope you like me.
Getting to know you,
Putting it my way,
But nicely,
You are precisely,
My cup of tea.
Getting to know all about you.
Getting to like you,
Getting to hope you like me.
Getting to know you,
Putting it my way,
But nicely,
You are precisely,
My cup of tea.
Oh I could so help you with that bitch Stacy Marginelli! I can give you the breasts you desire, the breasts you deserve! You'll be too cool for school! And all you have to do is ask. Just keep in mind that nothings for free... ever!
An image fills Vs head of her being so popular and pretty. The envy of everyone! Why she's even smart without having to crack a book! Her boobs perfectly proportioned and feminine. Not these boy boobs she currently sports. Everything coming to her so easily!
Wouldn't you like that? And the cost, really, so small.
V is sorely tempted. Imagine being the best of the best and never even having to lift a finger for it. What kind of person she'd be... what kind of person... everything gratis, never having to work for it... expecting the constant feeding from the silver spoon... what kind of person...
I'll package it all up and for only two marks my dear. I'll wrap it all up in a nice pack...
"Of lies. It's all lies," she whispers. Her breasts will develop in their own time. She'll work things out with Stacy in her own way. 'The Easy Road' will rob her of... her, her individuality, her potential. She'll become just a spoiled thing. She shudders at the subtlety of it. But she's weakening. She might just say yes to get this THING out of her head.
All of this happens in seconds of real time. Corruptrix is trying to get a better look Wolver's agony. Her foot accidentally touches the outer ring of the summoning circle, breaking it. She cries out in alarm.
The demon cocks his head. You best go now my love, I think things might get a tad ugly for your tastes. Be a dear and scoot along. We'll talk soon V...
V is gone. She's running as fast as she can back out of the tunnel. She hasn't noticed she's lost her sandals, her bare feet slapping against the concrete floor. One thought runs through her head over and over, "It knows my full name!" But she's young. By the morning she'll begin to doubt it even happened. I mean a demon? Come on!
Nikpmalomor is on Corruptrix faster than the eye can follow. He's pinned her against a wall and is holding Latin for Dummies in front of her face. He begins to bitch slap her with the book with rising fury and tempo.
"You simply must learn your manners my dear!"
Blood flows down Corruptrix's chin as the beating continues.
"And you had better master Latin - tools of the trade - DARLING!"
The final blow breaks Corrutrix's nose. Dropping the book Nikpmalomor whispers to himself, "Fuck it." He lifts Corruptrix by her throat his hand tightening. With his other hand he traces a mark at the base of her neck.
Corruptrix starts to cum. The heat inside her building in intensity as waves of orgasm wash over. She's confused, she's being throttled, she's both terrified and turned on. Her broken nose is filling with blood and she can't breath. Things are starting to go dark but she just can't stop cumming!
Nikpmalomor smiles, "My oh my. Who knew my little witchy witch would enjoy her second mark so very much? I was going to rip your fucking throat out you little moron but I think I'll let this run its course instead. I will enjoy carrying you off to hell and having you warm my bed, act as my familiar for a millennium. You best fight it! When you break, and you will break, it will be so much better! I'd kill you now except for your natural talents."
He casually drops her to the floor and starts to pace, "I have no idea what's going to happen to yon bear but let's find out my idiot friend. Do not harm a hair on him, not until we've seen what this malformed spell has done. Agreed?"
Sucking in air, her face covered in blood, Corruptrix nods in agreement.
Nikpmalomor rapidly transforms into a carbon copy of Corruptrix except her jaw is slack, eyes vapid with idiocy, "Well best be get crackin on that there book then!" comes her voice from the lobotomized thing before reverting to the Irish brogue. "Dismiss me. NOW!"
Rubbing her throat Corruptrix croaks, "Go."
The demon is gone.
Wolver can feel the changes running through him. He's helpless before them. He rises to all fours as a particularly nasty wave comes on. Corruptrix staggers to her feet, as she passes him she delivers a savage kick to his head. Blackness.
He awakes to quiet sobbing. The candles have burned down some but not a lot. He has no idea how much time as passed. He staggers to his feet and heads towards the cage containing GothGirl. He extends his claws to cut through the cage. Nothing happens. He peers at his paws, which have a few gray hairs in them. He kneels down and begins working the rope holding the cage closed.
"I'm all ucky," moans GothGirl.
"Nothing a shower wont fix."
"No, I'm dirty. Somethings been done to me."
BillyBear pulls open the cage door and extends his paw.
"I don't fuck old dudes."
"Will you work for one?"
She takes the paw and stands quietly while he drapes the cape over her, "Let's get you home."
He awakens with sunlight streaming through his bedroom window. Groaning he rolls out of bed. He must have pulled every muscle in his body. Ruefully he thinks, "I'm getting old."
He heads into the kitchen and flips on the coffee pot. A roboMittens approaches, its screen reads, "The labs have been completed. Now proceeding with the house."
"How much money do we have left?"
The screen flashes, "$14,738,250.32"
"Well we tore through that twenty billion of ace's didn't we?" chuckles BillyBear. "That must be some lab!"
He goes outside, a team of roboMittens are starting to work on sprucing up the house. He's thinking about ace. He knows that ace would have given him the money, twenty bil was nothing to that guy. But it was so much fun blackmailing him as payback for that 'Save Mittens' campaign he ran awhile back. No one fucks with mittens, ask MsTara.
He misses ace. Ace ran off with Mistress Sassa on some Magical Perversion Trip or something. Billy gets the occasional postcard but he doubts that ace will ever be back. Not like he was anyway. Still it's nice to hear how he's getting on and it's all on him anyway, there's nothing Billy can do about it.
As he stoops to pick up The Daily Assassin a minivan whizzes past.

V? He sees the car turn a corner and catches, "A Proud Parent of a Paradise High Honor Student!" plastered on the back. Nah, it couldn't be.
He unfolds the paper and stares at the headline:
Princess Grace Feared Abducted by Space Aliens!!!
Tracer vows to bring 'the alien scum' down with death ray
Tracer vows to bring 'the alien scum' down with death ray
Oh boy thinks BillyBear. The last time Tracer got a hold of a death ray... He shudders recalling the screams. Under the fold he notes another story:
Teenage bucktooth runaway claims he's 'Lucky Bastard' demands nickels!
Hmmmmm, seems GothGirl has some work to do on her device. As he passes a roboMittens on the way to the house he says, "Please place all the death rays under level nine security."
He grabs a cup of coffee and sits at the dinette. As he starts reading the paper he reaches for a pack of cigs before remembering he quit. The Chantix seems to be helping, maybe this time it will stick. A quiet knock on the screen door disturbs his ruminations.
"You sure do clean up pretty!" smiles BillyBear as he approaches the door.
GothGirl blushes furiously, "Were you serious about that job or just trying to get in my pants?"
"A little of both."
"Good answer," and she hands him something as he opens the door, "I thought this might help with my interview. Try them on!"
BillyBear stares down at a pair of X-Ray Goggles, "I haven't had a pair of these since I was a kid."
"Would you try them on?!"
He puts them on. GothGirl steps back from the door and strikes a pose, her jeans and t-shirt suddenly gone. She's wearing the cutest pair of pink low-rider panties and matching bra you ever did see. BillyBear feels his wookie start to stir and somewhat reluctantly takes the glasses off. He hands them back to her, "Nice."
"You can keep 'em! They really do work!" she exclaims lifting her top to show him her bra, "See? If you wanna you can twist that little dial on the side and see um everything."
"No thanks. I like a little mystery."
He senses her smile is full of sincerity as she says, "Another good answer. You're batting a thousand mister!"
He holds open the door. A roboMittens approaches. GothGirl studies it intently.
"A cyborg huh? I bet I can make all sorts of improvements to..."
"No."
"No?"
"This little unit has saved my life more times than I can count. It is what it is. I know it freaks a lot of people out but I've always dug it. In my weaker moments I believe it has a soul, I know it thinks."
"A.I. huh? Wow." GothGirl smiles and waves back to roboMittens 'hello.'
"roboMittens take GothGirl..."
"GG ... please."
"Take GG down to the labs and give her a tour."
"Aren't you coming?"
"Nah. Take a gander and if you like what you see then we can discuss the job. I've never had an employee before. I'm just going to sit on the porch and you can decide if you're interested or not. I'm looking for a chief research scientist."
She stares at him, "OK" before following roboMittens towards the back of the house.
BillyBear smiles as he sits on a rocker on the front porch and turns on the radio. He places the x-ray glasses on the top of his head and simply watches the day go by. As the sun climbs higher he moves out onto the stoop. The sun feels good, it feels healing.
The screen door slams and GG comes out wearing a lab coat. Her hair is pulled back in a ponytail and she's wearing a pair of glasses.
BillyBear flips down the x-ray specs, gives a wolf whistle and says, "Looking good!" as he watches her pink pantied butt sashay over to the rocker where he was sitting awhile ago. She grins over her shoulder and flips him the bird.
"I accept."
"Thought you might."
She flips open a laptop and says, "That's an amazing lab! I got to see everything except one area behind a vault. The roboMittens wouldn't let me near it."
"It's where we keep the death rays."
"Oh. What do you want to work on first?"
"We might consider getting lucky out of the jam he's in."
She laughs, "You boys and your dicks. It's like fish in a barrel. WOW! Those roboMittens really know how to spruce up a place!"
BillyBear's thoughts are elsewhere. It's quiet. Too quiet. He'll have to drop by jemmie's later and catch up. He's been gone since November 29th when MsGrace and MsTara (who's changed her URL - the sneak!) put a bullet in his head in a fit of mongoloid reasoning. He knows, even though he continually fights it, that he can't be what he's not. "I yam what I yam said Popeye the sailor man." Yuck, yuck, yuck. He also knows he'll do it again, reengage his personal demon, fight it, lose. Then again, maybe not, maybe he'll win this time. He doesn't really care.
We are what we are, to say anything else would be a pack of lies.
A tune comes on the radio. He instantly recognizes the famous intro, "Turn that up, please!"
He gets excited, dropping the x-ray specs back over his eyes, "GG, go strut up and down the sidewalk!"
"No."
"Please!!!"
"Dork."
He sits back feeling the sun on his face and listens to the music.
Pretty woman, walking down the street
Pretty woman, the kind I like to meet
Pretty woman I don't believe you, you're not the truth
No one could look as good as you
Mercy
Pretty woman, the kind I like to meet
Pretty woman I don't believe you, you're not the truth
No one could look as good as you
Mercy


DAMN! Billy, you know how to bring a story to a thought provoking conclusion. You have a real talent for both comedy and horror, and WolverBilly's weary return to adulthood was actually very touching. I do so love your work!
ReplyDeleteWolverBilly's weary return to adulthood was actually very touching. I do so love your work!
ReplyDeleteI get so gushy when I land these sorts of compliments from you MsTara. I think because you write and write very well.
Yeah WolverBilly was kind of tuckered out wasn't he? But glad to be 'home' in both body and spirit.
I wonder about Corruptrix though. Jem and I had a brief flurry of IM afterwards and I'll be curious where she'll end up. My initial thought in using her was more of a comic character - Corruptrix turned out far from that by the time I finished. Corruptrix can be funny though but more in jem's hand than mine.
Thanks to jem for letting me borrow Corruptrix! I hope I returned her relatively unsullied :-)
V also turned out to be interesting to write (and easier for me than Corruptrix - who I find difficult). V is a bright one, funny and demanding. Also I found her naive but in a good way. Thanks to V's owner for the loan too.
Please help me with my buck teeth before Princess sees me. She might mistake me for a beaver and she HATES beavers.
ReplyDeleteShe might mistake me for a beaver and she HATES beavers.
ReplyDeleteShe's more likely to mistake you for a bunny - she loves to make them HOP ya know?