Aphrodite-Grace stands on the crest of the knoll where the remaining unshared made their last ditch stand. She whispers, "Hera-Ally, Goddess Queen, forgive Me. When I told You I would not risk Khaos, Our very destruction ... I lied. I love my boys too dearly not to risk all."
Aphrodite-Grace closes Her eyes and concentrates ...
TracerBulletBilly screams in terror, "I'm bliiiind, mom was right, I've gone blind! Stupid penis!!!"
He feels a soft hand caress his fevered flesh removing the compress covering his eyes. MsGrace murmers, "Awwww TwacyWacy. You got all sickies poor baby!"
Tracer glances down at the blue and white checkered dress he's wearing, runs his shaky hands across his pigtails, looking at the people gathered around the bed, "I had the most incredible dream! You were there jem, and you lbb, and you billy, and you ace and you mommy ... er MsGrace"
"Awwww, TwacyWacy it's all right. I'll be your mommy. Now roll on your tummy sweetie. Mommy has to take your temperature, good Twacy ... good pet ... suck your binkie baby ... you'll feel slight pressure when I slide the thermometer in ... it's OK"
TracerBulletBilly screams loud enough to rattle the pictures on the wall, "Mother fucker! That's no thermometer!" He looks over his shoulder into the merciless eyes of his gal pal Friday, her ear pressed into a cell phone.
"No Tracer it's not a thermometer." She shifts back to the phone, "You were right Princess, that brought him out of it."
"Tracer take your thumb out of your mouth - sheesh"
finis Oddity
A bit of additional babble from billy.
First any of you getting through 'The Oddity' thank you! I really hope you enjoyed reading it. When I started out with this thing I was basing it off of two Dan Simmons books, Ilium and Olympos. If you enjoy science fiction coupled with Greek gods, intelligent machines, Shakespeare and Proust then I say check them out.
So I started out with high hopes and a vague idea in mind. By the time I hit Book 3 my little story had completely gotten away from me. It became something else, that happens a lot when I embark on these types of things, even an email. So I had this epic battle shaping up, and I sure as shit wasn't going to take on the Goddesses (I might be crazy, but I'm not insane) and no clear resolution but considered another book Gates of Fire, a historical novel about the battle of Thermopylae and Spartan culture. Much to my shame I borrowed (a closer truth would be plagiarized) heavily some of the fight scenes from that book.
I love books about lost causes, being one myself. And yes, billy does like gladiator movies.
Finally a quiet grateful thank you to my Muse, my Goddess, Princess Grace. Love or hate the Oddity she inspires my writing. I just read her comment and I am so glad She enjoyed it. I know She knows this but I love saying it, I wuv you too sweet Princess!
billy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Don't worry, Tracer.... Ms Nightshade said that the hallucinations would slow down a few months after you stop eating the burritos. But maybe she put something else in them too? You need and want to keep eating them, don't you boss?
ReplyDeleteBut even though that part of it makes me laugh, it's also kinda unfortunate, because it just makes tons more work for me...
Girl Friday
"And yes, billy does like gladiator movies."
ReplyDeleteWhich of course begs the questions...have you ever seen a grown man naked?...and...have you ever been in a Turkish prison?
-lbb
Which of course begs the questions...have you ever seen a grown man naked?
ReplyDeleteYes. You mean you haven't?
...and...have you ever been in a Turkish prison?
Not as 'BillyBear' ... yet