Sunday, March 04, 2007
The Journal: Boob Mountain
My father drops me off at the base of the mountain. It's currently about seventy degrees so I'm not too cold in my loin cloth. The Bowie knife slaps against my thigh as I head up the base of the mountain. My quest for the key to jem's CB2000 just beginning.
I reach the base of "The Nipple" a few hours later when I discover my first clue. A large sign with an arrow pointing up saying, "Jem's key." I begin to free climb. A few hours later I summit and see another sign pointing into the woods.
I head in, I'm starting to think this might be pretty easy when I come to the next sign. It points further into the woods but I notice something behind it, barely visible. Is that a cave entrance? I spelunk from time to time and it just might be.
It is! I know I'm being stupid, I'm not properly equipped but I enter the cave anyway. It's fairly large judging from the late afternoon light trickling in through the opening. There is a funk in the air and a storm on the rise. The wind has picked up since I entered the cave filling it with whistling noises.
I peer further in, the rain hitting my back. I figure this is a pretty good place to wait out the storm. I think I see a branch tunnel a little ahead and off to the left. I head towards it, wanting to get out of the weather and hunker down for the night.
I tumble over a hibernating black bear. It's up with a roar and I'm rolling away from it as fast as I can. I spring to my feet noticing that it's between me and the entrance. It sights me and charges.
I wheel and fly down the side tunnel mentally screaming, "Please don't have a pit, please don't have a ..." I fall, managing to curl into a ball before smacking into something hard.
Blackness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Billybear..... I'm happy that you seem to be close to finding that key! But I was in that cave a few years ago, so whatever you do, don't run down that side passage in the dark! There's a pit right in the middle of the.. ooooooooooh.......
ReplyDeletethat's gonna leave a mark, I bet...
little bitchass