February 16, 1849
Sweetest Tabitha,
I dropped another note off at the house today. Just some light poem I had written for your amusement. I asked the servant if you had left a message for me. He shook his head no.
No matter. You must be out and about. I hope to hear from you soon.
With deepest respect and love,
Your sweet William
February 19, 1849
Dearest Tabitha,
I dropped a note off at the house letting you know of recent events in my life. I saw the most delightful play with a cad you would have enjoyed. He was very bright but had a strong woman in his ear. I know by the time we have our next date you would have seen the play. I can't wait to discuss it with you!
You know what they say, "Behind every successful man is a very surprised woman!"
The servant said there were no messages. I hope nothing is wrong.
With deepest respect and love,
Your sweet William
February 24, 1849
Dear Tabitha,
I have been coming by the house daily looking hopefully at the servant. We have a system worked out. I look at him expectantly and he shakes his head no.
I dropped off another note. I fear I have angered you in some manner. I ask myself that, review my actions and can find nothing that should have brought this sudden silence.
I've checked with Jerome and he's heard nothing.
With deepest respect and love,
Your sweet William
February 28, 1849
My Tabitha,
I must have wronged you. I know not what I've done but this constant anxiety I feel has worn my soul threadbare. I stand in front of your house hoping for a glimpse of you but you've disappeared.
I miss you.
I shall be leaving you. I will no longer darken your doorway nor annoy you with my endless whining notes. My only conclusion is that you've found another interest and no longer need nor want your William.
When you awaken tomorrow I shall be gone. You will not hear from me ever again.
I am sorry.
With deepest respect and love,
Your sweet William

Wake up billy...you are having a bad dream. That's all it is, a dream.
ReplyDeleteWake up billy...you are having a bad dream. That's all it is, a dream.
ReplyDeleteHey there lbb,
Don't sweat this. I do have a point and keep in mind that I wrote this entire thing while on my little hiatus. I'm just publishing it a little at a time instead of one monster post.
I needed to work somethings out "get my shit together" I don't know if that worked but this story is the result of some of it.
The tale reaches its conclusion tomorrow. Take from it what you will. I know what I got out of it.
I can't WAIT for Friday but stupid physics says I must, at times I hate Einstein.
I'm good, I believe Princess is good, just very busy. I just can't wait to talk to her again, you might follow my reasoning on that. 21 days is too long.
Thanks for the concern, I really appreciate it.
"Behind every successful man is a very surprised woman!"
ReplyDeleteHow true Billy, how true
It's not that their surprised we're successful, it's that their surprised we listened to them... to become successful.
Kc
It's not that their surprised we're successful, it's that their surprised we listened to them... to become successful.
ReplyDeleteThat's an interesting comment.
Personally I don't think they're surprised that we listen to them, that's to be expected, due homage to the additional X chromosome, they're surprised when we don't! :-)
But that's neither here nor there.
I LOVE women! Their mystery and femininity. Their inexplicable mood changes even their curious desire for more shoes. I have completely baffled female acquaintances with the fact that I have three pairs of shoes, black, brown and tennis. One lady friend kept wondering if I had the proper shade of black (black comes in shades?).
Delightful. More than anything I tend to celebrate our differences. They both frustrate and fascinate me.
Now teenage girls? Nope, not even during fantasy moments. Now they're beautiful and have this arrogance about them that life has yet to beat out of them but they are bubble heads. Ever sat next to a gaggle of them at a Burger King? How long could you endure such a conversation before snatching up mittens and tossing her on the nearest one screaming, "Mittens kill!"?
Now me, I've got a fine woman in my life to control me and keep me in check ::waves to Princess::
She can play a teenager, She can play damned near anything but I like Her best when She plays Herself.
I believe you two have met? :-)
Now man has at least one serious advantage over the female sex. The "event" whatever it may be, sports, rock concert, whatever. We get up head to the bathroom dropping our lady off at the tail end of some hellish line filled with female contortionists trying not to wet their pants and we're back in our seats minutes later.
Admit it girls (give a little) in this case we hold the upper hand :-)
Whew! You had me worried there.
ReplyDeleteGlad your shit is together, however, I find it better to flush it away when I am done.
Glad your shit is together, however, I find it better to flush it away when I am done.
ReplyDeleteDeep wisdom lbb! I couldn't agree more. I've been at this for four months now and though I find my "newbie" status wearing thin I have noticed my anxiety attacks are coming further apart.
I'd like to think I'm getting better.