Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Are we there yet?!!

This is the second part of what I was going to post in my "Assignments" entry.

During the call I'm getting more and more in MsGrace's ear about how to make this wonderful connection I feel with Her even tighter, how to become even more tightly bound to Her. That connection of ours I pay real close attention to, polish it, tend to it, help it grow in anyway I can think of. Bore my readers with my constant, never ending, navel picking fascination with it.


To MsGrace I probably sound like a truculent six year old sitting in the back of the car whining, "MsGrace, are we there yet?!" minutes after leaving on our trip together.


She tells me, "It doesn't work that way ..."


I mask my disappointment by snatching the purring "Mittens" off my lap and flinging her across the room. "Oh, I see ..." not seeing anything at all.


MsGrace says (I'm paraphrasing) that it's a little different for everyone but that there's nothing specific She or Her pet can do about it. It's organic and grows stronger over time, the longer they get to know each other the better it gets or it stays the same but generally gets better.


What I took away from that is that was MsGrace and I are now into the part of our relationship that is the long haul. I think we're both very pleasantly surprised to be here. What I mean by "here" is the realization on both of our ends that both of us are very, very serious about doing what we can to hang out together as long as we can (we're believing and trusting each other on that, and there's a bit of a leap in there). The long haul. We're becoming good friends.


This "connection" is my metaphor for that growing friendship. I care for MsGrace (sorry, to coin one of MsGrace's phrases, I'm getting sorta "mushy gushy" here, and I've had plenty of sleep). So if I do get bitch-slapped by the RealWorld I still plan to do my best to keep in touch with Her in some manner. She's my friend you see?


Which brings what She was trying to tell me earlier into a different light. Where we both plan to go there isn't a road map, there isn't a next step. Our little connection is now at the point where it just happens and hopefully gets better and better. And it's different for each of Her pets.

I don't think I ever want to get there with MsGrace, because if we do then our journey is over.

I'm uncertain if I got this right or not, I hope I didn't turn it into what I wanted to hear as opposed to what was said, but if I did then MsGrace at least knows how I feel about this connection of ours.

2 comments:

  1. "So if I do get bitch-slapped by the RealWorld I still plan to do my best to keep in touch with Her in some manner. She's my friend you see?"

    I completely understand.

    -lbb

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Bore my readers with my constant, never ending, navel picking fascination with it.*

    You forgot earwax eating...

    *We're becoming good friends.*

    Speaking for myself, this is an aspect of my connection to Princess that completely floored me. I knew the Mistress/subbie aspect was great, but never in my wildest dreams expected the wonderful friendship that developed.

    *Where we both plan to go there isn't a road map, there isn't a next step. Our little connection is now at the point where it just happens and hopefully gets better and better. And it's different for each of Her pets.*

    While the road might be a little different for each pet, and while there may even be some bumps along the way, this bus has some pretty good shocks on it so I have faith that all will be OK. I'm sure that all of Princess' true pets share one feeling in common, and that's our adoration for her (and for those yummy toes too).

    little bitchass

    ReplyDelete