Well after this one BattleStar goes on hiatus until 21 Jan 07 at 10PM (stoopid Sundays), then another ten episodes in a row begin.
The chief says it's the temple of five. There are five unseen Cylon models - I wonder if there's a correlation.
The Cylon's are tricky but then so is Adama.
This episode has a lot of religious overtones in it. It's not explained how the Cylons found the planet but I agree with whats-his-name it's too coincidental that the Humans, Cylons and a star that's about to go supernova - what's behind it? God or Gods?
Boomer tells Athena (the oriental model) that Hera is still alive but sick. Athena says she doesn't believe her but the seeds of doubt have been sown.
Lots of tension among Baltar, D'Anna and Caprica 6. Caprica is being excluded and I don't like that. The Hulon (Human Cylon hybrid) was staring intently at Baltar while saying "The Chosen One"
Different sort of tension goes through spouses of Lee and Kira
OH! Are they gonna nuke the algae planet? I don't think so but I buy into this tension better than I did other episodes. Of course the episode ends with Adama giving the launch order on the nukes.
One month until we get some answers MsGrace.
Friday, December 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I have had more time to think about last nights show. I really am not sure how I feel about where they are going with this. Yes they are seeming to blend, or connect their God's together...and not sure. As for Starbuck and Apollo...ugh. I am really disappointed there. I want them together, but not like that. It just..ugh. I don't know. We shall see where they take it. Still love the show, but that is why I am so critical of it, love it too much lmao Now a month without it....ughh!!!! What new show can I watch?? lol
ReplyDeleteI agree completely with the Starbuck/Apollo situation. I don't need that sort of tension. At the end of Unfinished Business I walked away with the impression that this was a done deal and they were together. I thought there would be issues coming from their spouses but noooo the writers look like they want to drag this out more. If it goes on much longer then I'll get bored with that story arc.
ReplyDeleteI think there are parallels with the Cylon and Human religions. I wonder if they do continue with this blending there might be eventual peace between the races. Maybe they're planting seeds there in case (God forbid!) they need to wrap the series up. I'm curious though, why would a machine race have a religion? They know who their creators were.
Loved what you said about Adama not knowing about Hera. I missed that completely and thought he was being duplicitous with - drat - not Boomer. Forgot her call sign.