Entries with the "BattleStar" moniker are about that - just that. So, if BattleStar Galactica doesn't float your boat move on to the next entry. As you all should be getting to know a little about Billy by now you'll soon realize that BattleStar is my only vice. I've watched it from it's infancy as a somewhat crappy mini-series into the amazing series it's become. This show is not the BattleStar you may have watched as a kid.
After last weeks incredible "Exodus Part II" I was figuring this episode would be something of a let down, a stand alone kind of thing, filler. Boy was I wrong. It was an extremely intense emotional episode filled with recriminations, manipulation, pain, anger and bitterness. You know like a typical phone-sex call (LOL).
Before I launch into "Collaborators" I still am reeling from the complete and total mind-fuck Starbuck received at the hands of the Cylons. And kudos to Katee Sackhoff, the expression on her face when she found out "KC" was not her human/cylon hybrid baby. Wow, the hurt, the realization of what was done to her, perfectly conveyed through her face, not a word spoken ... methinks this will play large throughout this story arc. There will be payback.
The episode opens with the guy (sorry, drawing a blank on his name) who helped Cassy escape from a Cylon death squad is on his hands and knees in an airlock surrounded by six people. These six are effectively a kangaroo court. They've tried him in secret and sitting in front of the hatch, only now is he allowed to plead his case. During the Cylon occupation on "New Caprica" he was a "brown shirt" - a policeman who worked for the Cylons. They all wore ski-masks.
He begs for his life, telling the chief (who's one of the six "judges") that he helped save his wife's life. No one buys it. They leave the room, he's screaming, "I'm sorry!" over and and over. They shoot him out of the airlock. Later the chief checks with his wife who says, "Oh yeah, there was a guy who helped me escape."
With Baltar under the tender mercies of the Cylons (he's kind of stuck on this weird 2001 set, like the hotel room except it's guarded by a centurion) Tom Zarek is the president of the colonies. He's making a political deal with the former "Stands with a Fist" president Laura Roslin. He'll give her the presidency because the political reality dictates it.
Baltar is undergoing his own trial by the Cylons. They can't decide if they should kill him or not. Of the seven known Cylon human models the vote is 3-3 the deciding vote rests with "the sixes." Baltar is informed of this by Lucy Lawless (D'Anna Biers). All I can say is those Cylon chicks are some sort of hot. So seductive!
Six confronts him. It doesn't look good for Baltar.
Gaeta comes under the scrutiny of the kangaroo court. Gaeta was Baltar's right hand man during the occupation but was acting as a spy for the resistance. The only thing is that the resistance didn't know who Gaeta was. The "court" wants to convict him but Starbuck's hubby isn't convinced and quits the court. To be legal they need a quorum of six. They recruit Starbuck. Gaeta is convicted.
Now President Roslin learns that Zarak has convened this court when he was president to make sure Roslin had clean hands when she assumed power. She disbands the court, which was never a legal entity in the first place. Unfortunately the court is "in session" and Gaeta is in the airlock.
Six forgives Baltar, which is cool, you can't help like Baltar, especially when he has Six in his head and he's caught beating off. Maybe I identify :-)
The court discovers at the last second who Geata is and he is spared. All of them realize that they're in over their heads and they almost killed an innocent man. Again Starbuck's confidence is a little eroded.
President Roslin issues a blanket pardon for all the "collaborators" on New Caprica.
Well I wont be as verbose in the future. I did this a favor for a friend who missed the first half.
I need to think about this episode a little. Billy tends to be vengeful if wronged. I'm not sure if I could let it go, probably but I might need a little time.
Your thoughts?
Saturday, October 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Thankies soooo much!! I stayed up for the THIRD showing of it...kinda saw most of it, but was sooo tired. lol It was really good!!!! Totally My favorite show!!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for the update!
Kisses,
Your Princess