Sunday, February 11, 2007

BattleStar: The Woman King

I thought this was a so-so episode. What I refer to as a bridge episode.

The primary story arc was there was a racist doctor who was deliberately killing Sagitarons. He was exposed by the end of the episode. Helo was vindicated. We find out that Apollo's wife Dee is a Sagitaron. Sagitaron's apparently have a religion very similar to the Christian Sect I'm drawing a blank on that refuses medical treatment. I guess humanity hasn't evolved past racism in the BattleStar universe.

They're teasing us with the damned Baltar trial, I wonder when they'll have it. Sarak thinks that Laura should have martial law when the trial commences because there will be riots and assassination attempts. Next weeks teaser doesn't seem to indicate that there will be a trial then. They might be setting that up for a possible cliff hanger - who knows?

What I found interesting was Caprica Six apparently has a Baltar in her head (this is the physical model in the jail cell). They're observing her behavior and Laura is definitely noticing something going on there. Princess as best I can recall this is the first time we've seen this? Am I right? I'm not sure.

This six seemed a lot more "subbie" to Baltar in her head. What do you think? Naturally I prefer the more dominant model in Baltar's head. Baltar is telling Caprica Six that what she really wants is to be human. Six does not disagree. Baltar says to achieve that she must only put her self first. I can see Baltar saying that but I disagree with that with regards to humanity. I would argue we're most "human" when we do the exact opposit

I would have to say this was one of the weakest episodes of a very good season (some episode has to come out last). I hope this is the low water mark so then I don't have to worry about it - lol

Princess let me know your thoughts when you have time and all you other BattleStar fans too!

2 comments: