Sunday, February 18, 2007

Happy Post Marathon and Thanks!!!

First a bit of news that should make Princess smile:

SCI FI has renewed Battlestar Galactica for a fourth season, commissioning a minimum of 13 more episodes of "the best show on television." Production will resume this summer with an eye toward a January 2008 season premiere.

YUMMY! (PS: BattleStar tonight "A Day in the Life" 10PM EST)

I just went by MsGrace's blog and voted. At this time of the morning (7:45AM EST) She was just three votes back from second place! Cool! Think we could get Her up to second place?

Well another marathon has come and gone. Did everyone have fun? I hope so, I know I did.

OK the point of the post. I just wanted to give a grateful shout out to the LDW Mistresses! I popped into the chatroom briefly and managed not to get into trouble with MsAlly, almost did though. She was doing a "scavenger hunt" where you had to find specific URLs to LDW sites and whoever did that first would get "points." I'm not sure what the point system did but it related to calls. Anyway pothead kept throwing MsAlly out of the room and at one point She came back in and asked, "Did anyone win?" on a specific question She just asked. Naturally being the lazy, cheating little care bear I am I answered, "I did." This was after I would just sort of randomly tried URLs, you know, "Is it MsGrace?"

"No"

"MsTara?"

"No"

Finally MsAlly told me to, "Stop it :-)"

And I did. It is the equivalent of MsGrace telling me to "behave." I wasn't trying to be a total ass but I knew I didn't have the chops to even come close to winning this thing and so a shotgun approach was my only chance. I shut up at that point and asked MsAlly how the marathon was going. She replied that they were close to having the best marathon ever (I assume the 24 hour ones, there's been one two day one to my knowledge).

That means the Mistresses were very busy, doing a lot of calls which is good for everybody! During my brief visits in the room which was fairly full of Mistresses (and that is always fun) you would see them pop on and off with "on the phone" statuses.

I thought about this some, trying to picture what it must be like on the other end of the telephone. First of all I imagine most of the Mistresses work the third shift from an EST point of view so their circadian rhythms are different than my little nine to five world. Now you're looking at a twenty-four hour shift, midnight to midnight. Ever done one since college? I have a few times but not often and it is tough! And "the day after" is toughest of all when you try and get back "on schedule."

Now do not get me wrong, I'm not implying this is some sort of slave labor camp or that any of the Mistresses didn't have a hell of a good time. What occurred to me is that it's got to get tough late in the twenty four hour cycle. Say around hour eighteen and there are six hours to go. I don't have a clue what sort of cycle a phone sex day consists of but I get an idea from the number of ladies on the board at particular times and I've noticed more Mistresses coming on around that time so the phone is heating up again. For a lot of the Mistresses the phone probably never cooled off. I hope they took breaks, turned off the phone, decompressed a little before getting back into it.

So the Mistress has spent the day in Her office, alone with the phone, probably a TV and a computer for company. Her stomach must be getting a little tired of another cup of coffee, She's sleep deprived and is looking at another six hours of being the perfect hostess for whoever calls Her next.

That has got to be hard! The "tough hours" the final hours.

And I'll BET everyone of you who called your Lady at 11PM last night got exactly the same level of enthusiasm, courtesy and fun as those who called at the start of the marathon! These Mistresses, these human beings are very, very good at what they do for us. Best of breed and this is the best service (LDW) out there.

So you might want to consider sending the Lady you called an email saying "thanks" and "You did Great!" Imagine what it would be like if you were in their shoes (and don't get all "wanky" over that line), a little email or brief IM would go a long way I would imagine.

So my Mistress, MsGrace, all of the Ladies at LDW and MsAlly, Thank You! Thanks for making these events fun, thanks for being perfect hostesses even during "the tough hours." I think a lot of us realize that there are tough hours and want You to know it's appreciated, the wit, the humor, the level of service You provide ... twenty four hours a day.

Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. Oh you are so right billybear! When you start...My Goddess its fun. You have this thrill, the phone keeps ringing on and on...omg. But your right the last 6ish hours...your thinking..wow...I cant think about being tired. But I really lucked out too, cause of how My 24 hours happened to happen. I started on great, ended on great...and it was really such a fun and good day.

    Ok now I am toast...but it was worth the fun of it. I will try to talk in blog about it...um...monday when I am awake again.

    OMG bsg is on tonight...I MUST STAY AWAKE....I must, I must...I must increase my bust...no no no, I must stay awake. lmao

    Ok still a little loopy. lol But thank you billy for the suport, the shout outs during the day...the prezzie. You are such the amazing boy....My pets really are the cream of the crop. Ok before I cry...Im going! lol

    I wuv you billy!
    xoxox
    Princess

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will "here, here!" you on your comments, Billy. There is a level of service at LDW that goes far above and beyond any reasonable expectation. And I have to chuckle at your Ally comments... She really does get into the fun, doesn't she?

    I stopped by chat Saturday to find Ms Ally running things quite ably. She mentioned that this has been her favorite marathon because she smelled so damn good. Figuring she meant perfume, I asked what she was wearing.

    Well, of course Ms Cassandra thought I was propositioning Ms Ally and I nearly got in trouble. Whew...

    Glad you enjoyed marathon as much as I did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. But thank you billy for the suport, the shout outs during the day...the prezzie.

    ::soft smile:: You're welcome. You know what you mean to me. How much I value You and Your friendship.

    I hoped my little pings during the day helped! I knew You couldn't usually reply but was pretty sure You caught them between calls. Wanted You to know I was keeping an eye out for You :-)

    As for the prezzie well I wish it would have occurred to me earlier You could have used it during the marathon. Anyway You know the back story on it when I IMd "cry me a river" - LOL You know I can't stand the thought of our Princess crying unless it's with joy! It was a little thing but I wanted You to have it during the "tough hours" Not sure why, just did.

    Thanks Princess! I'm so glad I'm Yours!

    I wuv You too Princess!

    kisses, hugs and wuv,
    Your billy

    ReplyDelete